Well, in my “other life” as half of the Lazy Cook Crazy Cook video blog (www.lazycookcrazycook.com), I’ve been busy roasting turkeys, and am laughing at the fact that I am indeed GOING to Turkey in June! It will be my second trip there (the first in 2001) and I am V excited to go on a Blue Cruise on a Turkish gulet (wooden sailboat-type affair that sleeps 12) for a week on the beautiful Turquoise Coast (if you ever wondered where the word Turquoise originated … that would be in, yes, Turkey – know as Turquoise by those elegant French – even though they were probably v. violent Huns back then). Anyway – I have scored the mother of all deals, spending 105K United miles for a round trip business class ticket on Turkish Air for the 12-hour flight from Chicago to Istanbul. Look forward to filling you, my readers (who number approximately 5 at this point; whatever. I’ll promote more on day.) in on more as the trip nears. Any and all suggestions for restaurants or what-not in Istanbul are welcome! Happy trails for now….
- My Favorite Paris Restaurants
- On Strike in the Air & on the Ground
- What to Do, Eat, See and Avoid in Madrid
- Around the World in 80 Meals – Update
- Amazed Again in Istanbul
- Boats and Goats on the Turkish Coast
- Civilized Travel “Must-Haves”
- Roasting Turkey & Going to Turkey
- Miami, Your-ami!
- Around the World in 80 Meals